These are yummy, soft, puffy, muffins of sugary deliciousness. They’re everywhere in the blogesphere but I found them over at the Pioneer Woman’s site.
Make them, serve them, eat them and accept praise for your culinary brilliance. They’re pretty durn tasty! :D
French Breakfast Puffs
Makes 12...so...serves 2 ;-)
- 3 cups Flour
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2/3 cups Shortening (Crisco)
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1-1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 sticks Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a different bowl, cream together 1 cup sugar and shortening. Then add eggs and mix again. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- In a bowl, melt 2 sticks butter. In a separate bowl combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Dip baked muffins in butter, coating thoroughly, then coat with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
By: The Kitchen Door