It’s jello for grownups. It’s yummy! It’s fun! It’s sophisticated (for jello), best of all… it’s easy and fat free. :)
*Note: This is a low fat, low sugar treat. I thought it could have used more sugar but if you like your coffee on the "un-sweet" side start with two tablespoons. If you decide that it is not sweet enough, use sweetened whipped cream on top or even a splash of a flavored syrup. Play with the amount of sweetness and taylor it to your preference.
- 1 cup of cold water
- 3 ½ packets of gelatin powder
- 2.5 cups of boiling hot brewed coffee
2-4 tablespoons sugar *see note
- Whipped cream and granulated sugar for topping
- Pour the cup of cold water into a large bowl, and then add the packets of gelatin. Let sit for one minute.
- Add the hot coffee and stir for about 5 minutes or until all the gelatin is dissolved.
- Add in the sugar and stir until that has dissolved. Pour into serving glasses or into a shallow plastic container (whichever you prefer) to set in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of sugar.
By: The Kitchen Door