This pie is uber yummy and oh so easy to make. I make it often for potlucks because the recipe is easy to double or quadruple and it makes me sound like a rockstar when I say that I will show up someplace with 4 pies. :)
It’s also the pie I bring when I am doing meals ministry things (like taking a meal to someone who just got out of the hospital) because it travels well, keeps well and can be made without a lot of fuss or advance preparation (it only needs chilling time in the fridge).
It has become a family favorite around here because it is cream cheesy and pineappley and fluffy and lip smackin’ good. Try it and I bet you will like it too.
Pineapple Cream Cheese Pie
Creamy, yummy, pineapple pie
- 1 graham cracker pie shell (homemade or store bought)
- 1 large can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temp
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Drain the pineapple really well. I usually place the pineapple in a strainer and with the broad side of a big wooden spoon I smoosh as much of the juice out as possible, until the pineapple is dry.
- Cream sugar and cream cheese in a large bowl.
- Whip whipping cream with vanilla in another bowl (or stand mixer if you have one).
- Add the pineapple to the cream cheese mixture then fold in the whipping cream.
- Pour into the pie shell and chill for at least 4 hours until firm. You can also make this the night before. It really keeps well in the fridge.
By: The Kitchen Door